The McPherson & Jacobson Difference
“It’s About the Kids”
WE BELIEVE every student is entitled to a high quality education. We strongly believe quality education is dependent upon quality leadership.
OUR MISSION is to ensure your search results in quality leadership for education excellence.
McPherson & Jacobson, L.L.C. has designed a five-phase protocol allowing the board to concentrate on the most important segments: the interview and selection of the successful candidate. Our team of consultants, working in conjunction with the board and stakeholder groups the district identifies, will implement a systematic, comprehensive process culminating in the hiring of the most qualified candidate for your district.
McPherson & Jacobson has been conducting national searches for boards of education since 1991. We have nearly 100 consultants across the United States who will ensure your search results in quality leadership for your district.
Our comprehensive, transparent process is outlined below:
- Identify the desirable characteristics of the future superintendent.
- Establish appropriate timelines.
- Determine advertising venues.
- Meet with designated stakeholder groups.
- Advertise the vacancy and develop promotional materials.
- Send out, receive, and catalog all application materials
- Actively recruit applicants.
- Read and evaluate all completed applicant files.
- Conduct complete reference checks.
- Assist the board members in selecting final candidates to be interviewed.
- Prepare the board for the interview process.
- Schedule and coordinate interviews.
- Keep all candidates informed of their status in the selection process.
- Establish performance objectives for the superintendent.
- Provide a GUARANTEE.
- Establish Board Operating Principles
- Goal Setting—Long Range Planning
- Review and update job description
- Assist in developing an effective contract